Have you ever thought – I could have changed my job.. Or – I could have started my own business… Or – I could have followed my dream and done something I’m really passionate about, but… if only I did not have this fear.
Fear of… Insecurity. Not succeeding. Not making it. Being laughed at. Being misunderstoood or rejected. Failure. Success. This massive inner fear.
I bet you have thought about it. And wondered how to deal with it. But there is still something stopping you from taking that important action towards making that change in your life and following your passion or dream.
How do you get rid of that fear? Let me tell you the truth – you never will. Everyone has this fear. Just get on with it. But what you can do is – develop strategies to deal with it.
As an example, lets take the most common fear factors and unlock them one by one.
1. What if I will not succeed?
- Know your reason WHY you badly want to – always start with your WHY, this will keep your passion and energy high! And even if you fail along your success journey (and everyone does from time to time), this will help you get up and keep going.
- Develop a clear and impactful plan to succeed – you do need a plan!
- Implement thoroughly the actions from your plan. And you will succeed. Guaranteed.
2. How to manage through change?
- Find your best support buddy. What I have noticed lately in my personal branding for entrepreneurs workshops – my clients come to workshops in couples with their significant other or friend. It is much easier to manage change if you have someone close whom you trust and who could support you when the times get uncertain.
- Go through change with clarity in mind – why you are doing it and what is your final destination.
- Learn and test different approaches and behaviours to your traditional ones – it will help to strengthen your flexibility muscle.
- Develop your personal brand which will navigate you through the change. Confidently. Elegantly.
3. What if others will laugh or misunderstand?
- Only the arrogant will laugh or pull back a person who has high aspirations and aims to achieve their dream. If you have someone like that in your network – leave them out.
- Share your goals and aspirations only with people whom you know will support you. And when you have reached your dream – share with the rest, to inspire that its possible, but not to impress.
- Have clarity on your WHY and other people’s opinions for you will be like water for a duck – it does not soak into the feather, it runs away.
4. What if I will have good days and bad days?
- You will definitely have good days and bad days. Collect the strengths from good days so you can use them in your bad days.
- Find what works for you to manage the change. We can all develop our coping strategies that works just for us. As an example, if I am having a bad day, I choose to do something very simple and basic, but I still keep progressing.
- Learn from the best and most successful in your industry – how do they manage though.
5. What if I will get lost and not know what to do?
- Choose coaches and trainers whom you can learn from, who have progressed further in your aspired field and are happy to share their tactics.
- Choose likeminded groups to have a chat and check in – a great source is Facebook groups where you can connect with likeminded people and who are on the same journey from the whole world. Feel free to join my Facebook group on Personal brand development to succeed by clicking here:
- Always keep your aim, your WHY and you vision in mind and you will find the way.
In conclusion: start with your WHY and have it always in your mind very clearly. This will help to eliminate and deal with that bugging fear factor and keep you going to reach your aspirations!
CLICK HERE to register your interest to receive information about the upcoming online course on how to develop your personal brand to succeed. In this course you will discover insights and tools on how to develop your personal brand and how to have clarity on your WHY, so that despite all the upcoming storms and insecurities, you can keep going and reach your aspirations. I will share the promotion offer with those registered before launching the course.
Nobody told you it will be easy, said one of my friends. I wish they would have… Well, at least – easIER.
A couple of days ago I received a shocking message from a close and dear friend of mine. I felt like I became broken into thousands of pieces and have to find a way to lift them up and put the pieces back together again. It’s not easy. But I am determined to manage it.
Life, relationships or even a business is never just upwards and onwards. It’s a rollercoaster. It’s like an Italian serpentine – up and down, right and left, fast and slow. But great things actually happen when you are down. You suddenly notice, who are your true friends and supporters. Who are the people whom you can rely on or who are ready to even act silly to brighten up your day or mood.
I was searching for answers and ways to deal with smashingly hard times, to find something to be grateful for in this tough period of life. Even in the hardest days you can find something to be grateful for, they say. And – when you search, you discover. I discovered the life story of Mariska Hargitay, the actress that is known in UK currently as a leading figure in one of a detective serials (I can’t deny – I watch mostly detective serials, if any).
She has said: “Life is hard, but you just don’t quit. Don’t let fear get the best of you. It only holds you back from possibilities and greatness. You’ve got to kick fear to the side, because the payoff is huge. I don’t focus on what I can’t control. If I can’t control it, let’s move on. I think that we have all been swallowed up in ‘shoulda-woulda-coulda’. You figure it out and you walk tall and go through it. Some days it’s chicken, and some days it’s feathers.”
A couple of weeks ago somebody said to me: “Its easy for you – you have a good life, you do not understand struggles”. Well… let me tell you… Everyone has struggles. Some harder, some lighter, some longer, some shorter, but everyone has their hard days at times. There are no exceptions. NONE. I struggle too. Massively sometimes. Especially the last 18 months of my life have been particularly personally and totally hard. Impossible sometimes. Hopeless at times. But the most important thing is – what is your take from the hardship times, how do you find the ways to pick yourself up and pull yourself together again? And consider this, what are you learning from these very tough days. There is always something to learn. And there is always something to be grateful for in your life.
Currently, my Top 5 in hard times are:
- Search for and find ways to pull yourself together again (It’s hard, I know, but it’s worth it!)
- Watch out for people who have got your back, there is always someone whom you can trust
- Don’t focus on what you can’t control, if you can’t control it – move on
- Share your journey and learning with others, there is always someone whom you can inspire and help
- Be aware that: “Some days it’s chicken, and some days it’s feathers.” It just is like that. Period.
And after the hard times have passed away – see if there is any adventurous opportunity from that. You’ve got to turn hardships into learning and opportunities, there is always a way! As Kristina Kuzmic says in one of her latest videos: “You can pick up the destroyed pieces of your life and still create something beautiful out of them”.
No matter how hopeless things might seem at times, just don’t give up. There is always a way!
For the past three decades, the fastest way to increase your income has been to land a job with a finance company (banking, wealth management, insurance). The industry has provided a ticket to prosperity for millions of professionals.
To tell you the truth – this party is coming to an end. A combination of rising competition and technological change means that companies will hire far fewer people. And this is not a temporary blip – this is the new normal. Industry leaders in different media have bravely admitted that automation can displace a third of all jobs within three to five years and companies will hire far fewer people. We can see it happening already.
Employees doing tasks that can be automated, the middle managers who supervise them and all those with average performance, with no passion for customer service and without expert skills are living on borrowed time.
So what do you do if you are a member of these endangered jobs and professional areas? I’d say that the first thing is to embrace reality and recognise that the game is changing for good. The worst thing to do is be wishful and wait for good things just to happen to you. They won’t. But there are still lots of opportunities. What’s happening in the industry is “creative destruction”. New technologies are destroying old jobs but creating many new ones.
Here are three things that you can start doing now to take action towards proactively influencing your future and taking the drivers’ seat in your own career:
- Create new jobs – see the emerging need in the business, start adding massive value and emerge in a new job,
- Move to entrepreneurship – notice the upcoming gap in services or products and how they can best serve customers and smash the competition by your approach,
- Develop your Personal Brand and enhance it in your current role to become recognisable and The Go To Expert – you will become irreplaceable!
Whatever you choose – take the drivers’ seat in your own career. Because if you don’t – others will drive your journey. And you might not like it.
To register for the insights and impactful actions packed FREE webinar on how to Get Your Dream Job seamlessly, CLICK HERE
Introduce yourself with impact so that your target clients have clarity – how you can help them. A few weeks ago I attended a business networking breakfast where entrepreneurs come together to share what they do to serve their customers and build collaborative business relationships.
These kind of events are really valuable to connect with people from your industry or a related industry, or to discover how you can help them or their customers and how they can help you grow your business.
In that particular event there were about 25 entrepreneurs and consultants from various industries – some that have been in business a long time, and some just starting up.
Usually these kind of events start with giving everyone around 40 seconds to introduce themselves – to tell what they do, who are their clients, what services they provide and what they want to get out of this networking event.
What I learned from these 40 second introductions is:
- Some people have really polished their introductions and are clear of their unique value proposition
- And among those who are – those that are getting the best out of these events in terms of connections and the expected outcome
- Those are the ones who are clear about their personal brand
- There are quite a few people who do not know how to present themselves impactfully – so after their presentation the meeting participants are not clear – on what they do and how they deliver value
- That means that those who listen to their poor introductions are not clear – on what they can help them with or how they can help them
- And the meeting becomes just a nice breakfast chat without gaining any valuable connections or any potential for business development from these who have not developed their Unique Value Proposition or elevator pitch
- And if they do not follow up with contacts, then its not really networking – it’s a breakfast chat with strangers
My top 3 tips of developing your UVP:
- Have crystal clear awareness of your personal brand and how you deliver value
- Have a deep understanding of your customer avatar – whom do your serve and how do you help them – what transformation do you help them achieve
- Condense it into 3-4 sentences to make a punchy impact and ensure that people who listen will remember
I hope this is a helpful tip for the week, please click “Like” to this blog post if so, or post a comment below if you have any questions on Unique Value Proposition.
Unique Value Proposition week… Also the Latvian media happened to catch the thought on elevator pitch or UVP. Check it out here:
You already have thought to yourself, it’s about a time to get a promotion, haven’t you?
Or you have already said to yourself, that it’s about time to receive an offer to a new aspired job that you would much more enjoy doing, haven’t you?
And you have been wondering, why others are getting those promotions or new job offers but not you, haven’t you? Well, if this is you, then, I’ve got something for you! It’s Career Success Formula that will help you get your dream job elegantly and confidently.
It can be tricky to obtain the clarity – what to do and how to get to that desired career destination.
Without clarity to what is the Career Success Formula you need to follow you will have no chance in the world of career success!
You may keep wondering why your desired job is given to somebody else. Or why you keep running after job ads with no success in getting those jobs.
When you follow the Career Success Formula, its actually much easier to get what you want out of your career progress. By investing a bit of effort and thought process to follow the Career Success Formula, you will be amazed how the new job opportunities come to you instead of you running after the job ads.
The Career Success Formula consists of 5 impactful steps to follow:
- Develop your Personal Brand to stand out
- Get crystal clear clarity on your offering and credibility
- Grow your Confidence on to how you deliver value
- Set Your goals impactfully to achieve them automagically
- Share your message to the right audience and enjoy the job offers!