In the recently attended seminar: “The 7 Keys To Unleashing Your Genius” I had a pleasure to experience live personal branding and differentiation in seminar facilitation that I have not yet seen before. The facilitator was building his personal brand on conflict. Starting with the introduction and opening messages in the seminar and following it through with personal life examples of both older or more recent disagreement and argument situations. It’ s a really different way of branding yourself as facilitator which I admit, have never seen before in my long facilitator and development events attender career.
The key takeaways of that workshop facilitation from facilitator’s personal branding perspective:
1. You get what you give
Its about positioning the audience at the very start of the presentation. If the facilitator says – “I expect you to be sceptical and to not accept what I am saying”, then he is most probably going to get it from the audience. The underlying message might have been – “Do not just take my words, try and test it out yourself”, and that said would be a better positioned opening to manage the scepticism in the room. But as the facilitator was building his brand on conflict with the audience, the intro positioning did it’s job.
Later in the seminar he experienced it himself as a play back in the exercise on the stage. He invited a lady from the audience to participate in a simple mind positioning exercise, and she made it difficult for him on the stage by being openly sceptical.
2. Brand on your talents
I think the facilitator has had personal branding coaching sessions with a good coach to develop his facilitation style. It was the purpose of the facilitator to be in a conflict with the audience in this event, as by character I could see he can easy get into arguments with people. So he was congruent with his nature and building his brand on his true talent. I think his sarcasm and scepticism might be well received in the British audience. My observation is that British people enjoy edgy humour. So he has well tailored his personal brand for the potential audience. The only thing – in London one should expect different nationalities in the audience with different expectations and appreciation to presentation style, so one may want to tailor their style accordingly.
3. Humour adds the value
Humour definitely helps to keep the audience awake on Saturday morning and get the insights through fun. The facilitator was an analytical sarcastic introvert himself, usually these kind of people pick up really good insights for an edgy humour. Adding the edgy humour to his evoking conflict facilitation style gave an opportunity to ease some conflict situations. Although, as seen, when not managed well, this edgy humour can facilitate further conflict opportunities.
As said in my previous blog post, there were quite a few good insights to take away from this weekend event. I took a learning for mindset development, coaching practice development and also learning of a different facilitation style. I love attending this kind of events for some inspiration and ideas, but also for constantly developing and enhancing my facilitation style.
In a sunny Saturday morning instead of sleeping in or going for Christmas shopping, I decided to attend a developmental event, the seminar on shaping the mindset to focus on what matters in your life and how to more efficiently achieve the desired outcomes. The title of the seminar was a little bit over promising: “The 7 Keys To Unleashing Your Genius”, but as in an any seminar, there were some valuable takeaway insights that I want to share with you. They are facilitating to shape the mindset on how to get from dreams to successful and real outcomes. Here are my 5 key insights:
1. Tension is energy. We need to use the tension to get to the desired results. Geniuses use tension to achieve the incredible. The outcome depends on your motivation and how do you channel it to use the tension. Use it to apply your talents and to live your passion! We are where we are today because that is the level of tension we can deal with. Your ability to be with tension determines your level of mastery. Tension is energy, and energy is a vibration. To be the best you can be, you shall constantly work on increasing your energy levels, your vibration.
2. Cause and Effect law. You are 100% responsible for every outcome in your life. Or in another words said by Tony Robbins: “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” Even if you are a victim in certain situation or you constantly get the second best recognition, not the first – that is caused by your thoughts, assumptions, beliefs that you have created in different events of your life journey. If you want to have a different outcome, you have to change the cause of your outcomes – your thoughts, assumptions, believes. A good coach can help with that.
3. Your focus creates your reality. You are always 100% focused, but the question is – on what? A person will definitely achieve what he or she is focused on, it will happen sooner or later – depending of the strength of focus and cause/effect law. That is proven. Therefore be conscious what you are focusing on most of your time. Are they the right things that you want the result in? Do you need to remind yourself to change your focus? How do you choose where to focus on?
4. Perception creates the physical impact. When you meet a person first time, your perception about them creates your behaviour towards them that causes their reaction to your perception and behaviour. We did a little exercise in the room – imagining the person in front of us being either a good, bad, trustworthy, genius, loser, friendly, smart etc person. Every time when we changed the perception of the other person, our body language changed and the impact on the other person changed as well. The good news are – you can influence that by conscious choice of perception. You are creating perception in your life and you make decisions based on your created perception. You can influence your perception that will lead to desired events or outcomes.
5. Discover your True Talents and create natural success by focusing on your True Vision. When you follow your purpose, what’ s true vision for you, the doors will open for opportunities and even such doors will open that you did not know that they exist. If you do not know what to do, just stand it, do not take action until your intuition will tell you which way to go. Intuition can tell it, when you have discovered your true talents that you can use and you have your true vision to focus on. Then intuition will help to generate natural success for you. All what you want to achieve or get is already out there for you. As A. Einstein has said, everything already exists on a certain frequency. You must increase your frequency, vibration levels to meet the level of frequency where your desired outcomes exist.
I’m sure you have already heard of the above in one way or another. It just sometimes helps to look at the things from different perspective and discover new angles that can inspire to focus on your passion and true vision. And to get from the dreams to reality.