Home » Posts tagged 'personal brand'
Tag Archives: personal brand
Some people perceive personal brand development as pure self promotion. That is so wrong!
Personal branding consists of 2 major parts – brand development for clarity and brand value communication to a target audience whom you deliver value to. There are 5 milestones in the approach that I have developed for this empowerment:
1. VALUE. It all starts with clarity about your value, which is based on your talents – things you are great at while doing what you are passionate about – what you truly care about in your professional area, your own values and ethics, the way you are different from many other people who deliver a similar value and of course – your purpose, mission and your bigger vision: your WHY you do what you do, how do you create legacy with talents that are given to you and what is the bigger aim that you are aiming to achieve.
2. TRIBE. When you have this clarity on your core things, your band, your true value, then what’s important is – to whom do you deliver value to. You cannot sit on a mountain of value and do nothing about it. It is given to you to share it forward. So, the next step in personal branding is – who is your audience, client, customer avatar, employer – whatever you call it or whoever it is – whom can you help with your value and how would they most benefit from having this experience with you.
3. MESSAGE. Next step – your purpose is to choose the right communication channels and share with people whom you can help – how “your best” can help “them be their best”. How are you able to deliver value for them. When you shift the focus from yourself to whom you are serving with your value, it does not feel like self promotion or sales, it is a must, to share your message and tell your story on how you can help and your thought leadership – your insights, opinions, ways of working. Otherwise – how would your people know you can help them in your authentic way?
4. INFLUENCE. In todays business environment you set your goals impactfully to achieve them automagically and deliver your pitch, your message, your thought leadership content and work in partnerships with others so that you can serve people together. Therefore your impact as the person of expertise or influence in a particular niche and for particular people is what matters.
5. VISIBILITY. And last but not least – yes, we do live in a digital and social media era. When you have clarity of what is the value that can be applied to serve and help others in a humble but impactful and personally excellent way, then social media strategies are a must for you to be heard, known and seen by your people whom you can help with your products or services. It’s a must for you to share your thought leadership and insights to help others learn and grow.
If you start your personal branding with a pure focus only on self promotion, but you do not have clarity of what are your talents and passion that you can apply to serve others, and how other people can benefit from your delivered value, then it will feel like pure self promotion or cold sales. And that is wrong.
Personal branding is about – how to sell without having to sell. To people whom you can best serve or deliver value in your authentic way that you are personally excellent and passionate about delivering. It comes from being personally excellent in your authentic way. Its about how you care and serve your customers and partners by applying your natural talents and passion your way. It’s about being the true you and not trying to be someone else.
Personal brand development comes together with humble confidence and belief in your value and how you best share it with people who need it most. The more value you deliver, the stronger is your brand.
I’m Inga Ezera, your personal brand development partner. I’m passionate about empowering people like you to be a better version of yourself and succeed by being your true you. Its all – through your personal brand development for clarity and personal branding strategies for raising your profile in front of your ideal audience.
How do you expect other people to know your greatness if you do not raise your profile? If you just keep it to yourself, you limit the opportunities for you and others. For you – to do more of what excites you and what you are truly passionate about, for others – to get inspired by your passion and benefit from you sharing your knowledge and expertise.
If you are either an entrepreneur, a business leader or a professional, raising your profile is a must now. It’s not so much for self promotion purposes, but rather for sharing your vision, purpose, knowledge and expertise, so that people get to know what you are truly great at and can come to you for your core expertise and passion to share it.
It is more for taking charge of and creating opportunities in your life to do more of what you are excited about and deliver value for others in a way that you love doing it.
If you are not clear about – what is your authentic way of delivering value, there is a really great self-help tool that I have created for you – The Success Planner book, you can order it on Amazon.com
If you do have clarity, but are on the edge of – not being sure why you need to raise your profile, here is why:
- For entrepreneurs: you get more clients that are your ideal clients, that know, like, and trust you are the one they need and will find you themselves. You can focus on doing the job that you love, not on running after clients and selling your services to them.
- For business leaders: you attract your ideal employees as people work for people they resonate with. It’s easier for you to work on business development as you are known in the industry for what and how you do things, and you can better impact and influence decision making for the business and your business stakeholders.
- For professionals: you can stop doing the boring job and receive more opportunities to do the job that you are excited and passionate about, that has more meaning. We all live just once. If you are well paid now, but not really enjoying what you do, I’ll tell you this – you can get the same or better paid job that you truly enjoy. Just raise your profile in the right way to the right audience.
Here are my top tips for raising your profile:
1. Develop absolute clarity on your personal brand – your talents that you want to apply, your passion, values, your WOW effect, purpose, mission and vision for your life and then compile it into a short and snappy elevator pitch – into a short but impactful introduction, that conveys the message – of who you are, what you do and whom and how you can help. There is a best in you, you just need to be clear yourself – on what it is and bring it up. As an example, I can do many things in business, like I can recruit the best talent from the market, I can implement performance management programs etc, but what I truly and absolutely like best is – helping you to be the best version of yourself, be congruent and enjoy being truthful to yourself and others, raise your profile in accordance to that and enjoy what you do. I am great at inspiring you to think about it, empowering you to take action, equipping you with tools and strategies to do it and challenging you to, just do it!
2. For that, you need to define clearly who is your audience – your customer, employer, stakeholders – for whom exactly you are delivering value and what transformation you help them with. I advise you to be very specific about – who is it that you serve, help, deliver value, as then you can communicate and raise your profile where and in the way that they will see, notice and appreciate. As an example, my audience is people like you – entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals and corporates who care about their people and want to do something disruptive, innovative and truly empowering for their people.
3. Social media content strategy – you can raise your profile either in 1-to-1 communications, networking – by connecting to 5-10 people per event, or – you can massively raise your profile through thoughtful and purposeful social media content strategy. Your daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly communications, will ensure that your ideal audience will get to better know what you are all about, and how you can serve them and deliver value. Also, what your values and work ethics are and what results you can deliver. As an example: I am crystal clear on my top 3 messages for social media communication and I have a clearly defined social media content plan that is congruent with what I am aiming to achieve. You might have regularly seen my posts, videos, blogs and articles to inspire, and empower you to take action.
I hope this is helpful – inspirational, educational and practical. Now – its your time to take action.
Let me know if you have any questions and how you are progressing. I’d love to hear about your journey.
I’m Inga Ezera, your personal brand development partner. I’m passionate about empowering people like you to be a better version of yourself and succeed by being your true you. Follow my business page on Facebook for more inspiration and empowerment for practical action: Inga Ezera Personal Branding
I will be speaking at The Best You EXPO, taking place on the 16-17 February 2018 at Olympia, London.
I am hugely excited to be part of this event which showcases the best and the brightest in personal growth, professional development and wellbeing.
My good friend Bernardo Moya is putting on the event after the tremendous success of last year”s Expo and it is looking as if we will be exceeding all forecasts for attendance already!
If you want to find out more you can visit the website, and make sure in any case that you put the date in your diary, as I’d love to meet you there in person.
I will be speaking on How to develop and monetise your million dollar personal brand to skyrocket your business. Have you ever wondered – why some businesses are snowed with customers coming to them and requesting their services and why some businesses struggle to attract the right audience? Your authentic impactful personal brand is the success key to attract the ideal customers and skyrocket your business.
I help entrepreneurs and business leaders like yourself to sell without having to sell. To ensure that your ideal clients find you themselves, line up for your services and bring their friends along. All this, through personal brand development, personal branding, content creation and social media strategies. People buy from people they know, like and trust. Through impactful and authentic personal brand development you ensure to get seen, heard and get well paid for the job you most love doing.
Before signing up to speak at The Best You Expo, I had a slight hesitation – as there are so many business and personal development expos, how is this different? Why take part in this one? But when I looked at the agenda and themes, as well as the richness of development sessions and diversity of personal and business development subjects, I thought – this event is really worth being a part of.
The best you can do is – get your ticket early, get acquainted with the agenda and topics of your interest, take a bunch of business cards with you and be open minded to discover new things and take some really valuable take-aways with you. You can grab your tickets here: THE BEST YOU EXPO 2018
There are 3 things you will definitely get from taking part:
– Absolutely exciting insights from presenters in the areas of your interest,
– Great contacts of likeminded entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals,
– Valuable take-aways of actionable micro-commitment steps to implement and get results straight away,
– And additionally – I know there will great deals available, well – at least I will offer a special bonus for action takers!
Let’s meet there and have a chat at the Empowering Women area, stand 2.
I will be speaking on Friday, 16 February 2018 at 12:00 on how to develop your million dollar personal brand so you can have customers and business partners lining up for your services and you can do the job you really enjoy and have the life you deserve. Your personal brand will market and sell it all for you. You just need to show up and enjoy delivering value for your clients. How great is that? See you there!
When you develop your personal brand, you obtain crystal clear clarity on what matters to you, on what kind of business you would enjoy and what is your vision. You crystalize who is your ideal client and how you best deliver the transformation for them with your product or services.
And, you implement social media and other branding strategies to share your thought leadership and impact, you do it where your ideal client listens to you and in a way that ensures your client starts to get to know you, like you, and trust you will be the best choice for helping them solve their challenges or achieve their goals.
This in short is the way how this magic formula works – by developing your personal brand and implementing branding strategies you build a bridge for your ideal client to come to you without even having to go after them or do a hard sale job.
And you know what? They find you and bring their friends with them, as they are excited about your services. To ensure your brand speaks for you and attracts ideal clients for you, I have developed a 5 step formula to help you with this. Discover it in the video here:
How to develop your entrepreneurial personal brand in 5 steps
..or Personal brand benefits for business leaders and entrepreneurs.
“The best way to predict your future is to create it” is a fabulous quote by A.Lincoln. Why fabulous? Because it works!
In summary, personal brand development is about shaping your future, having clarity on how you want to be, what you want to do and what customers you want to work with. And then – implementing focused personal branding communication strategies and creating these opportunities enjoyably.
Today I want to share with you what Personal brand development has given me as an entrepreneur and business leader:
1.First of all, its about clarity. Clarity on what I want to focus on in my business, what I am great at and how I can best help other people. This is what business is all about – how do I help other people solve their issues, close gaps, enjoy life, right? When you develop your personal brand, you can better focus on your core business and ideal customer, as well as further your business and services innovation, and not let yourself get distracted by other things.
2.From clarity comes confidence. When you are self aware on your strengths, passion, aspirations, also on your weaknesses and what you are not great at – it gives you solid confidence on what you stand for, how you best deliver value and are useful for others, and also – which business areas or customer segments are not for you.
3.Personal brand development also helps to create a great sense of purpose and direction, which further generates energy and focus to keep going. When you are clear about your WHY and you have that sense of purpose, nothing can stop you or let you down to achieve your aspirations and accomplish your vision. Quite often people ask me – where do you get that great inspirational energy from? The answer is simple – when I developed my personal brand and focus on how I can best deliver value for my ideal customers that resonate with my personality, it constantly encourages the inspirational energy flow.
4.Courage and strength to rise up – we know that in life or business its always about ups and downs, there is no straight steep road to success. When you are better connected to yourself, to your personal excellence, you have clarity and confidence on your Why and How, you have that inner power to get up and carry on when the times of difficulties come.
5.Clarity on what kind of clients I can and want to work with. Not all people are and should be my clients, I am clear on what kind of people I connect with and can best help, and I include that in my brand communication messages. We do not have to be all things to all people. When you develop your personal brand and travel through the journey to clearly define your ideal target clients, you become crystal clear on what kind of people you can most enjoyably service.
6.Direction, how and what development to choose for myself. As business leaders and entrepreneurs we constantly need to keep developing, and the offer in the market is massive. When you are clear on your values and passion, on your strengths and gaps, on your future aspirations, it is easier to choose whom to learn from.
7.Enjoyment to work with my target clients, as they come and find me themselves. This comes after personal brand development and from personal branding strategy. When you develop your personal brand and implement personal branding strategies, your ideal clients know, like and trust you are the one they need. They know about your added value and how you can help even before you have met in person or before they purchase your services. You do not have to do a hard sell job to convince them. Yes, you still need a conversation to assess whether you are the right person or have the right services or products to help, but it is a much more pleasant conversation where you do not have to sell to the client. Who likes to be sold to? Not me. And I do not want to be selling to my clients. But yes, of course, I have a business to run, so the meetings shall be for a mutual learning and development of a business relationship.
I could go on and on about the benefits for an entrepreneur or business leader to develop a personal brand and implement personal branding strategies, as there are loads. However, I’m keen to hear from you – as you are reading this post, message me on LinkedIn or Facebook or comment here – how are you benefiting from your personal brand and what’s still missing?
Follow my Personal Branding business page on Facebook to receive daily inspiration and practical tips on personal brand development. To follow, click here: @IngaEzeraBranding
Have you ever thought – I could have changed my job.. Or – I could have started my own business… Or – I could have followed my dream and done something I’m really passionate about, but… if only I did not have this fear.
Fear of… Insecurity. Not succeeding. Not making it. Being laughed at. Being misunderstoood or rejected. Failure. Success. This massive inner fear.
I bet you have thought about it. And wondered how to deal with it. But there is still something stopping you from taking that important action towards making that change in your life and following your passion or dream.
How do you get rid of that fear? Let me tell you the truth – you never will. Everyone has this fear. Just get on with it. But what you can do is – develop strategies to deal with it.
As an example, lets take the most common fear factors and unlock them one by one.
1. What if I will not succeed?
- Know your reason WHY you badly want to – always start with your WHY, this will keep your passion and energy high! And even if you fail along your success journey (and everyone does from time to time), this will help you get up and keep going.
- Develop a clear and impactful plan to succeed – you do need a plan!
- Implement thoroughly the actions from your plan. And you will succeed. Guaranteed.
2. How to manage through change?
- Find your best support buddy. What I have noticed lately in my personal branding for entrepreneurs workshops – my clients come to workshops in couples with their significant other or friend. It is much easier to manage change if you have someone close whom you trust and who could support you when the times get uncertain.
- Go through change with clarity in mind – why you are doing it and what is your final destination.
- Learn and test different approaches and behaviours to your traditional ones – it will help to strengthen your flexibility muscle.
- Develop your personal brand which will navigate you through the change. Confidently. Elegantly.
3. What if others will laugh or misunderstand?
- Only the arrogant will laugh or pull back a person who has high aspirations and aims to achieve their dream. If you have someone like that in your network – leave them out.
- Share your goals and aspirations only with people whom you know will support you. And when you have reached your dream – share with the rest, to inspire that its possible, but not to impress.
- Have clarity on your WHY and other people’s opinions for you will be like water for a duck – it does not soak into the feather, it runs away.
4. What if I will have good days and bad days?
- You will definitely have good days and bad days. Collect the strengths from good days so you can use them in your bad days.
- Find what works for you to manage the change. We can all develop our coping strategies that works just for us. As an example, if I am having a bad day, I choose to do something very simple and basic, but I still keep progressing.
- Learn from the best and most successful in your industry – how do they manage though.
5. What if I will get lost and not know what to do?
- Choose coaches and trainers whom you can learn from, who have progressed further in your aspired field and are happy to share their tactics.
- Choose likeminded groups to have a chat and check in – a great source is Facebook groups where you can connect with likeminded people and who are on the same journey from the whole world. Feel free to join my Facebook group on Personal brand development to succeed by clicking here:
- Always keep your aim, your WHY and you vision in mind and you will find the way.
In conclusion: start with your WHY and have it always in your mind very clearly. This will help to eliminate and deal with that bugging fear factor and keep you going to reach your aspirations!
CLICK HERE to register your interest to receive information about the upcoming online course on how to develop your personal brand to succeed. In this course you will discover insights and tools on how to develop your personal brand and how to have clarity on your WHY, so that despite all the upcoming storms and insecurities, you can keep going and reach your aspirations. I will share the promotion offer with those registered before launching the course.