Home » Posts tagged 'personal branding'
Tag Archives: personal branding
I’m Inga Ezera, your personal brand development partner. I’m passionate about empowering people like you to be a better version of yourself and succeed by being your true you. Its all – through your personal brand development for clarity and personal branding strategies for raising your profile in front of your ideal audience.
How do you expect other people to know your greatness if you do not raise your profile? If you just keep it to yourself, you limit the opportunities for you and others. For you – to do more of what excites you and what you are truly passionate about, for others – to get inspired by your passion and benefit from you sharing your knowledge and expertise.
If you are either an entrepreneur, a business leader or a professional, raising your profile is a must now. It’s not so much for self promotion purposes, but rather for sharing your vision, purpose, knowledge and expertise, so that people get to know what you are truly great at and can come to you for your core expertise and passion to share it.
It is more for taking charge of and creating opportunities in your life to do more of what you are excited about and deliver value for others in a way that you love doing it.
If you are not clear about – what is your authentic way of delivering value, there is a really great self-help tool that I have created for you – The Success Planner book, you can order it on Amazon.com
If you do have clarity, but are on the edge of – not being sure why you need to raise your profile, here is why:
- For entrepreneurs: you get more clients that are your ideal clients, that know, like, and trust you are the one they need and will find you themselves. You can focus on doing the job that you love, not on running after clients and selling your services to them.
- For business leaders: you attract your ideal employees as people work for people they resonate with. It’s easier for you to work on business development as you are known in the industry for what and how you do things, and you can better impact and influence decision making for the business and your business stakeholders.
- For professionals: you can stop doing the boring job and receive more opportunities to do the job that you are excited and passionate about, that has more meaning. We all live just once. If you are well paid now, but not really enjoying what you do, I’ll tell you this – you can get the same or better paid job that you truly enjoy. Just raise your profile in the right way to the right audience.
Here are my top tips for raising your profile:
1. Develop absolute clarity on your personal brand – your talents that you want to apply, your passion, values, your WOW effect, purpose, mission and vision for your life and then compile it into a short and snappy elevator pitch – into a short but impactful introduction, that conveys the message – of who you are, what you do and whom and how you can help. There is a best in you, you just need to be clear yourself – on what it is and bring it up. As an example, I can do many things in business, like I can recruit the best talent from the market, I can implement performance management programs etc, but what I truly and absolutely like best is – helping you to be the best version of yourself, be congruent and enjoy being truthful to yourself and others, raise your profile in accordance to that and enjoy what you do. I am great at inspiring you to think about it, empowering you to take action, equipping you with tools and strategies to do it and challenging you to, just do it!
2. For that, you need to define clearly who is your audience – your customer, employer, stakeholders – for whom exactly you are delivering value and what transformation you help them with. I advise you to be very specific about – who is it that you serve, help, deliver value, as then you can communicate and raise your profile where and in the way that they will see, notice and appreciate. As an example, my audience is people like you – entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals and corporates who care about their people and want to do something disruptive, innovative and truly empowering for their people.
3. Social media content strategy – you can raise your profile either in 1-to-1 communications, networking – by connecting to 5-10 people per event, or – you can massively raise your profile through thoughtful and purposeful social media content strategy. Your daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly communications, will ensure that your ideal audience will get to better know what you are all about, and how you can serve them and deliver value. Also, what your values and work ethics are and what results you can deliver. As an example: I am crystal clear on my top 3 messages for social media communication and I have a clearly defined social media content plan that is congruent with what I am aiming to achieve. You might have regularly seen my posts, videos, blogs and articles to inspire, and empower you to take action.
I hope this is helpful – inspirational, educational and practical. Now – its your time to take action.
Let me know if you have any questions and how you are progressing. I’d love to hear about your journey.
I’m Inga Ezera, your personal brand development partner. I’m passionate about empowering people like you to be a better version of yourself and succeed by being your true you. Follow my business page on Facebook for more inspiration and empowerment for practical action: Inga Ezera Personal Branding
I will be speaking at The Best You EXPO, taking place on the 16-17 February 2018 at Olympia, London.
I am hugely excited to be part of this event which showcases the best and the brightest in personal growth, professional development and wellbeing.
My good friend Bernardo Moya is putting on the event after the tremendous success of last year”s Expo and it is looking as if we will be exceeding all forecasts for attendance already!
If you want to find out more you can visit the website, and make sure in any case that you put the date in your diary, as I’d love to meet you there in person.
I will be speaking on How to develop and monetise your million dollar personal brand to skyrocket your business. Have you ever wondered – why some businesses are snowed with customers coming to them and requesting their services and why some businesses struggle to attract the right audience? Your authentic impactful personal brand is the success key to attract the ideal customers and skyrocket your business.
I help entrepreneurs and business leaders like yourself to sell without having to sell. To ensure that your ideal clients find you themselves, line up for your services and bring their friends along. All this, through personal brand development, personal branding, content creation and social media strategies. People buy from people they know, like and trust. Through impactful and authentic personal brand development you ensure to get seen, heard and get well paid for the job you most love doing.
Before signing up to speak at The Best You Expo, I had a slight hesitation – as there are so many business and personal development expos, how is this different? Why take part in this one? But when I looked at the agenda and themes, as well as the richness of development sessions and diversity of personal and business development subjects, I thought – this event is really worth being a part of.
The best you can do is – get your ticket early, get acquainted with the agenda and topics of your interest, take a bunch of business cards with you and be open minded to discover new things and take some really valuable take-aways with you. You can grab your tickets here: THE BEST YOU EXPO 2018
There are 3 things you will definitely get from taking part:
– Absolutely exciting insights from presenters in the areas of your interest,
– Great contacts of likeminded entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals,
– Valuable take-aways of actionable micro-commitment steps to implement and get results straight away,
– And additionally – I know there will great deals available, well – at least I will offer a special bonus for action takers!
Let’s meet there and have a chat at the Empowering Women area, stand 2.
I will be speaking on Friday, 16 February 2018 at 12:00 on how to develop your million dollar personal brand so you can have customers and business partners lining up for your services and you can do the job you really enjoy and have the life you deserve. Your personal brand will market and sell it all for you. You just need to show up and enjoy delivering value for your clients. How great is that? See you there!
When you develop your personal brand, you obtain crystal clear clarity on what matters to you, on what kind of business you would enjoy and what is your vision. You crystalize who is your ideal client and how you best deliver the transformation for them with your product or services.
And, you implement social media and other branding strategies to share your thought leadership and impact, you do it where your ideal client listens to you and in a way that ensures your client starts to get to know you, like you, and trust you will be the best choice for helping them solve their challenges or achieve their goals.
This in short is the way how this magic formula works – by developing your personal brand and implementing branding strategies you build a bridge for your ideal client to come to you without even having to go after them or do a hard sale job.
And you know what? They find you and bring their friends with them, as they are excited about your services. To ensure your brand speaks for you and attracts ideal clients for you, I have developed a 5 step formula to help you with this. Discover it in the video here:
How to develop your entrepreneurial personal brand in 5 steps
..or Personal brand benefits for business leaders and entrepreneurs.
“The best way to predict your future is to create it” is a fabulous quote by A.Lincoln. Why fabulous? Because it works!
In summary, personal brand development is about shaping your future, having clarity on how you want to be, what you want to do and what customers you want to work with. And then – implementing focused personal branding communication strategies and creating these opportunities enjoyably.
Today I want to share with you what Personal brand development has given me as an entrepreneur and business leader:
1.First of all, its about clarity. Clarity on what I want to focus on in my business, what I am great at and how I can best help other people. This is what business is all about – how do I help other people solve their issues, close gaps, enjoy life, right? When you develop your personal brand, you can better focus on your core business and ideal customer, as well as further your business and services innovation, and not let yourself get distracted by other things.
2.From clarity comes confidence. When you are self aware on your strengths, passion, aspirations, also on your weaknesses and what you are not great at – it gives you solid confidence on what you stand for, how you best deliver value and are useful for others, and also – which business areas or customer segments are not for you.
3.Personal brand development also helps to create a great sense of purpose and direction, which further generates energy and focus to keep going. When you are clear about your WHY and you have that sense of purpose, nothing can stop you or let you down to achieve your aspirations and accomplish your vision. Quite often people ask me – where do you get that great inspirational energy from? The answer is simple – when I developed my personal brand and focus on how I can best deliver value for my ideal customers that resonate with my personality, it constantly encourages the inspirational energy flow.
4.Courage and strength to rise up – we know that in life or business its always about ups and downs, there is no straight steep road to success. When you are better connected to yourself, to your personal excellence, you have clarity and confidence on your Why and How, you have that inner power to get up and carry on when the times of difficulties come.
5.Clarity on what kind of clients I can and want to work with. Not all people are and should be my clients, I am clear on what kind of people I connect with and can best help, and I include that in my brand communication messages. We do not have to be all things to all people. When you develop your personal brand and travel through the journey to clearly define your ideal target clients, you become crystal clear on what kind of people you can most enjoyably service.
6.Direction, how and what development to choose for myself. As business leaders and entrepreneurs we constantly need to keep developing, and the offer in the market is massive. When you are clear on your values and passion, on your strengths and gaps, on your future aspirations, it is easier to choose whom to learn from.
7.Enjoyment to work with my target clients, as they come and find me themselves. This comes after personal brand development and from personal branding strategy. When you develop your personal brand and implement personal branding strategies, your ideal clients know, like and trust you are the one they need. They know about your added value and how you can help even before you have met in person or before they purchase your services. You do not have to do a hard sell job to convince them. Yes, you still need a conversation to assess whether you are the right person or have the right services or products to help, but it is a much more pleasant conversation where you do not have to sell to the client. Who likes to be sold to? Not me. And I do not want to be selling to my clients. But yes, of course, I have a business to run, so the meetings shall be for a mutual learning and development of a business relationship.
I could go on and on about the benefits for an entrepreneur or business leader to develop a personal brand and implement personal branding strategies, as there are loads. However, I’m keen to hear from you – as you are reading this post, message me on LinkedIn or Facebook or comment here – how are you benefiting from your personal brand and what’s still missing?
Follow my Personal Branding business page on Facebook to receive daily inspiration and practical tips on personal brand development. To follow, click here: @IngaEzeraBranding
For the past three decades, the fastest way to increase your income has been to land a job with a finance company (banking, wealth management, insurance). The industry has provided a ticket to prosperity for millions of professionals.
To tell you the truth – this party is coming to an end. A combination of rising competition and technological change means that companies will hire far fewer people. And this is not a temporary blip – this is the new normal. Industry leaders in different media have bravely admitted that automation can displace a third of all jobs within three to five years and companies will hire far fewer people. We can see it happening already.
Employees doing tasks that can be automated, the middle managers who supervise them and all those with average performance, with no passion for customer service and without expert skills are living on borrowed time.
So what do you do if you are a member of these endangered jobs and professional areas? I’d say that the first thing is to embrace reality and recognise that the game is changing for good. The worst thing to do is be wishful and wait for good things just to happen to you. They won’t. But there are still lots of opportunities. What’s happening in the industry is “creative destruction”. New technologies are destroying old jobs but creating many new ones.
Here are three things that you can start doing now to take action towards proactively influencing your future and taking the drivers’ seat in your own career:
- Create new jobs – see the emerging need in the business, start adding massive value and emerge in a new job,
- Move to entrepreneurship – notice the upcoming gap in services or products and how they can best serve customers and smash the competition by your approach,
- Develop your Personal Brand and enhance it in your current role to become recognisable and The Go To Expert – you will become irreplaceable!
Whatever you choose – take the drivers’ seat in your own career. Because if you don’t – others will drive your journey. And you might not like it.
To register for the insights and impactful actions packed FREE webinar on how to Get Your Dream Job seamlessly, CLICK HERE
Introduce yourself with impact so that your target clients have clarity – how you can help them. A few weeks ago I attended a business networking breakfast where entrepreneurs come together to share what they do to serve their customers and build collaborative business relationships.
These kind of events are really valuable to connect with people from your industry or a related industry, or to discover how you can help them or their customers and how they can help you grow your business.
In that particular event there were about 25 entrepreneurs and consultants from various industries – some that have been in business a long time, and some just starting up.
Usually these kind of events start with giving everyone around 40 seconds to introduce themselves – to tell what they do, who are their clients, what services they provide and what they want to get out of this networking event.
What I learned from these 40 second introductions is:
- Some people have really polished their introductions and are clear of their unique value proposition
- And among those who are – those that are getting the best out of these events in terms of connections and the expected outcome
- Those are the ones who are clear about their personal brand
- There are quite a few people who do not know how to present themselves impactfully – so after their presentation the meeting participants are not clear – on what they do and how they deliver value
- That means that those who listen to their poor introductions are not clear – on what they can help them with or how they can help them
- And the meeting becomes just a nice breakfast chat without gaining any valuable connections or any potential for business development from these who have not developed their Unique Value Proposition or elevator pitch
- And if they do not follow up with contacts, then its not really networking – it’s a breakfast chat with strangers
My top 3 tips of developing your UVP:
- Have crystal clear awareness of your personal brand and how you deliver value
- Have a deep understanding of your customer avatar – whom do your serve and how do you help them – what transformation do you help them achieve
- Condense it into 3-4 sentences to make a punchy impact and ensure that people who listen will remember
I hope this is a helpful tip for the week, please click “Like” to this blog post if so, or post a comment below if you have any questions on Unique Value Proposition.