Home » Posts tagged 'personal branding'
Tag Archives: personal branding
For the past three decades, the fastest way to increase your income has been to land a job with a finance company (banking, wealth management, insurance). The industry has provided a ticket to prosperity for millions of professionals.
To tell you the truth – this party is coming to an end. A combination of rising competition and technological change means that companies will hire far fewer people. And this is not a temporary blip – this is the new normal. Industry leaders in different media have bravely admitted that automation can displace a third of all jobs within three to five years and companies will hire far fewer people. We can see it happening already.
Employees doing tasks that can be automated, the middle managers who supervise them and all those with average performance, with no passion for customer service and without expert skills are living on borrowed time.
So what do you do if you are a member of these endangered jobs and professional areas? I’d say that the first thing is to embrace reality and recognise that the game is changing for good. The worst thing to do is be wishful and wait for good things just to happen to you. They won’t. But there are still lots of opportunities. What’s happening in the industry is “creative destruction”. New technologies are destroying old jobs but creating many new ones.
Here are three things that you can start doing now to take action towards proactively influencing your future and taking the drivers’ seat in your own career:
- Create new jobs – see the emerging need in the business, start adding massive value and emerge in a new job,
- Move to entrepreneurship – notice the upcoming gap in services or products and how they can best serve customers and smash the competition by your approach,
- Develop your Personal Brand and enhance it in your current role to become recognisable and The Go To Expert – you will become irreplaceable!
Whatever you choose – take the drivers’ seat in your own career. Because if you don’t – others will drive your journey. And you might not like it.
To register for the insights and impactful actions packed FREE webinar on how to Get Your Dream Job seamlessly, CLICK HERE
Introduce yourself with impact so that your target clients have clarity – how you can help them. A few weeks ago I attended a business networking breakfast where entrepreneurs come together to share what they do to serve their customers and build collaborative business relationships.
These kind of events are really valuable to connect with people from your industry or a related industry, or to discover how you can help them or their customers and how they can help you grow your business.
In that particular event there were about 25 entrepreneurs and consultants from various industries – some that have been in business a long time, and some just starting up.
Usually these kind of events start with giving everyone around 40 seconds to introduce themselves – to tell what they do, who are their clients, what services they provide and what they want to get out of this networking event.
What I learned from these 40 second introductions is:
- Some people have really polished their introductions and are clear of their unique value proposition
- And among those who are – those that are getting the best out of these events in terms of connections and the expected outcome
- Those are the ones who are clear about their personal brand
- There are quite a few people who do not know how to present themselves impactfully – so after their presentation the meeting participants are not clear – on what they do and how they deliver value
- That means that those who listen to their poor introductions are not clear – on what they can help them with or how they can help them
- And the meeting becomes just a nice breakfast chat without gaining any valuable connections or any potential for business development from these who have not developed their Unique Value Proposition or elevator pitch
- And if they do not follow up with contacts, then its not really networking – it’s a breakfast chat with strangers
My top 3 tips of developing your UVP:
- Have crystal clear awareness of your personal brand and how you deliver value
- Have a deep understanding of your customer avatar – whom do your serve and how do you help them – what transformation do you help them achieve
- Condense it into 3-4 sentences to make a punchy impact and ensure that people who listen will remember
I hope this is a helpful tip for the week, please click “Like” to this blog post if so, or post a comment below if you have any questions on Unique Value Proposition.
Unique Value Proposition week… Also the Latvian media happened to catch the thought on elevator pitch or UVP. Check it out here:
If you are an ambitious and dedicated professional, I’m confident that you will take the driving seat and action success actions to sky-rocket your career.
By investing a bit of effort and thought you will be amazed how new job opportunities will come to you instead of you running after them, chasing down ads and following leads that get you nowhere fast.
The Career Success Formula consists of 5 steps:
1. Develop your Personal Brand to stand out
2. Get crystal clear clarity on your offering and credibility
3. Grow your confidence and know how you deliver value
4. Set your goals impactfully to achieve them automagically
5. Share your message with the right audience and enjoy many job offers!
Are you ready? Come on in! Download the FREE Career Success Formula ebook by clicking here, take the action on valuable advice and enjoy succeeding!
You have already thought its about time to get promoted, haven’t you?
Or to be offered that dream job you aspire to.
Or may be because of constant change in the organization, you fear being made redundant one day?
Wouldn’t you like to have that peace of mind that you never have to worry about the next job?
If any of the above thoughts have crossed your mind, you are in the right place, come on in! Today I want to share with you an exclusive FREE eBook, get it with a click here: Career Success Formula. Take the driving seat in your own career!
This eBook is for ambitious, dedicated professionals like you who love to receive insights and take action to succeed in their life, career and business.
The FREE eBook will teach you simple concepts to follow so you never have to run after job ads again, but confidently get noticed and recognized for who you are and how you add value. By following the Career Success Formula you can receive your dream job offer without even having to apply for job positions. It sound’s great, doesn’t it?
Frequently I have been receiving questions from my clients – do you have a proven formula that could be easily applied and help to make an impact for career success. That inspired me to develop this eBook and share with you my proven Career Success Formula.
Click here: Career Success Formula, to access FREE eBook “Career Success Formula” and learn how to get promotion which is right for you or receive your dream job offer easier and faster!
Take action and enjoy succeeding!
”Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself,” is beautifully said by Coco Channel.
That’s how personal branding works – explore who you truly are, understand yourself – what makes you unique in this world in how you are and how you add value. And share it forward. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Do it now, do not wait for the perfect moment. There is no perfect moment. The best moment is now. Take the moment and make it perfect. Decide to be yourself, build your personal brand and enjoy inspiration by adding value.
What makes it from being just fine to having a brilliant leadership? I have done much research and this is what I have discovered: Having a personal brand is a leadership requirement now. It helps you to be a better and more authentic leader. It also enhances your executive presence and impact.
Leaders who develop their leadership brand step out of the sea of sameneness and make a much more meaningful impact on their teams by inspiring and empowering them. For what? For being excited to deliver on strategy, to collaborate, to do their best to WOW the customer. Personal leadership branding has become more important than company and corporate branding.
Why? Because we trust people more than companies. And people are more accountable than companies. When you have an issue with a company product or service, whom do you call? The Company? Is the Company picking up the phone? No, you call a professional who sold you the product or service or who is there to help solve your problem. Great Leaders inspire and empower their people to be their best. And overall, leaders, by their leadership brand influence the brand of the company – the experience that people have dealing with the company.
As a leader you are selling your strategy, your vision and why people should follow you to your team and employees. Your personal leadership brand message makes an impact in people’s hearts and minds to engage and convince them, to feel valued and excited to contribute their best.
We know the saying that “people join companies and leave leaders”. Yet, we spend little time developing leadership brand.
What is a personal leadership brand? As Glenn Llopis, leadership branding expert defines it, “A personal brand is the total experience of someone having a relationship with who you are and what you represent as an individual, as a leader”. Think about what that means to you. And don’t confuse this with just acting the part. On the contrary, you should be more of who you are naturally and bring up your best in leadership.
Developing Your Personal Leadership Brand, consider the following 7 steps:
- MISSION. Consider what major outcome you want to achieve in the next 12 month as leader?
- TALENTS. What are 5 words that characterize your talents that you would personally want to be known for as leader?
- PURPOSE. Write down 3 phrases that combine 5 chosen words and capture your added value and desired identity.
- BEHAVIOURS. How do you differentiate from others?
- VALUES. What are 3 core values that are truly important to you in the way you do things?
- PASSION. What are you excited, energized and passionate about in your leadership agenda?
- VISION. What is your aspiration in the leadership journey?
Based on a survey conducted by Glenn Llopis Group, less than 15% of people have truly defined their personal brand and less than 5% are living it consistently. Why? It can be extremely challenging and it requires a tremendous amount of time and effort invested in developing self-awareness, being focussed, executing actions and being accountable for the impact and the result.
The image of your brand is a perception held in someone else’s mind. Successful Personal branding entails managing this perception effectively. As well as managing and influencing how others perceive you and think of you.
It is important to bear in mind though, that the purpose of leadership branding is not self-promotion, it’s rather a commitment to advance yourself as a leader by serving and inspiring others. This will enhance your leadership impact naturally and extraordinarily.